So I am the biggest fan of pizza, I love it, but obviously it is absolutely terrible for getting and keeping in shape, but every now and again we need a treat, there is that day off you want to take so why not look at introducing a healthier alternative to a bit of a treat? This doesn’t mean you can now eat pizza every day as this will not lead to results, but it does mean you can feel a little better about eating it!
So with St Patricks day coming up this weekend, why not celebrate it with some extra greens!
60g Ground Almonds
1/2 tsp pink salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp tomato puree
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp oregano
We used some cheddar and salami but obviously top with the cheese and ingredients you want!
1) If you can, do what we did and juice the broccoli and use the pulp as you need the liquid out of it otherwise steam it for a couple of minutes, allow it to cook and then squeeze the water out of it that way.
2) In a bowl combine all the base ingredients, and preheat the oven.
3) Put some foil on a baking tray and put some oil on the bottom, put the mix on and shape into a pizza base, ensure you give the edges a slight raise. Cook for 20 minutes or until brown
4) Combine the sauce and prep the toppings
5) Put the sauce on, then the toppings and put under the grill for 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt
6) Cut it up and tuck in!